Obsidian – Unicorn Stallion As enchanting as it is elusive, the unicorn remains one of the most beloved mythical creatures in the world. Stories from many different cultures tell of the unicorn – and their horn – holding magical powers. With powers as desirable as these, it’s no surprise that unicorns have chosen to remain hidden. It’s easy to remain unseen when your night-black coat blends into the shadows as well as Obsidian’s! He’s almost inseparable from the darkness, except for the glint of his horn, and the delicate shimmer of his mane, tail, and leg feathers when they catch the moonlight. While the world sleeps, Obsidian is free to run in the cool night air, occasionally leaving behind a set of large hoofprints for the children of the nearby village to gleefully discover! From the Manufacturer: Breyer is the maker of the world’s finest model horses! Since 1950, Breyer has brought a wide range of horse breeds from around the world to life for play and collecting – including real horse heroes like racehorse Secretariat, Olympian Valegro, and reining superstar Big Chex to Cash! The Traditional Series offers an unmatched level of realism and attention to detail that is appreciated by children and adults alike. Each 1:9 scale model is meticulously hand-painted in rich colors, so no two are exactly the same. Breyer has an incredible community of model horse fans, artists, and collectors, and is proud to host BreyerFest: a three-day extravaganza for horse lovers and Breyer enthusiasts each July in Kentucky! Bring home a Breyer model, and let your imagination run free! Breyer Traditional Series: What started in 1950 with a model horse created to decorate a clock has since become Breyer's most iconic series, the one that revolutionized the hobby and still dominates the market. Sculpted in every color and breed imaginable, with unmatched realism and breathtaking hand-painted detail, Breyer's Traditional Series (1: 9 scale) is a longstanding favorite among children and adults the world over. Fans who play with these beloved models can build entire worlds around them with realistic accessories like barns, fencing, tack, trailers and even riders. About Breyer: THE BREYER PROMISE - The Breyer “promise” is the commitment we make to you, our fans. With Breyer, you are getting a real horse of your very own. Whether a traditional best-seller or brand new product, every Breyer horse is created by hand, under the watchful eye of the world's leading equine experts. Our commitment to high quality material and hand crafting mean that just like in nature, no two Breyer models are exactly alike. Because nothing is as magical as having a horse of your very own. Quite simply, we want to help everyone discover how inspiring horses can be.
- BREYER TRADITIONAL SERIES | OBSIDIAN - UNICORN STALLION: The unicorn remains one of the most beloved mythical creatures in the world. Stories from many different cultures tell of the unicorn – and their horn – holding magical powers. With powers as desirable as these, it’s no surprise that unicorns have chosen to remain hidden.
- PRODUCT SPECIFICATIONS: Package contains (1) Breyer Traditional Series Horse. Traditional Series 1:9 Scale. Measures approximately 12.25" L x 8" H. Recommended for ages 8 years and older.
- ACCESSORIES: Build an entire world with all Traditional accessories (sold separately) which includes, Riders, Playsets, Barns AND Vehicles.
- HAND CRAFTED DETAIL: The world's 'most asked for' horses since 1950. Each individual Breyer model is prepped and finished by hand and then turned over to the painting department for hand painting and detailing. In all, some 20 artisans work on each individual model horse, creating an exquisite hand-made model horse that is as individual as the horse that inspired it.
- TRUE EQUESTRIAN ART: Breyer models begin as beautiful horse sculptures created by leading equine artists that are then cast into a copper and steel mold. Each model is created one at a time from the original mold, which is injected with a special resin selected by Breyer for its ability to capture the depth of detail, delicate feel and richness of color in our models.