Bringing support fire to your mobile forces with the M21 Mortar carrier, ideal for winkling out those dug in infantry! By the middle of the war the US Army could field legions of tanks and support vehicles, backed by the industrial might of the USA. Using their reliable M3 Half-track as a basis, they created the M21, a mobile mortar carrier that could keep up with advancing tanks and armoured infantry.This useful vehicle carried the simple but effective 81mm mortar, with 97 ready-use rounds, and crewed by a team of six men. In general the mortar would be carried to a firing position and deployed, however it was not uncommon to sight and fire the mortar straight from the half-track, keeping the team on the move if needs be and sheltering from shrapnel or small arms fire. 110 M21s were built by the White company and saw service in Western Europe, predominantly by US forces, but some were also deployed by the Free French. The best tactic in Bolt Action is to shoot and scoot, before return fire catches you This fantastic support Half-track comes complete 1 pintle-mounted HMG, 1 hull-mounted rear facing medium mortar and a full decal sheet.
- Recreate world War II combat on a tabletop using dice, model troops, tanks and the rules Constructed by bolt action against one or more opponents.
- Each opposing side will also require painted model troops, representing the soldiers, guns and tanks of your chosen armies.
- Tabletop encounters take place according to twelve closely defined battle scenarios that explain how forces are deployed and how victory is achieved.
- All that remains is for players to pit their Wits against each other as they enact just one small part of one of the greatest conflicts in history—world War II.
- Build, paint and play! The construction and painting of the models and watching them come to life are just as much fun as the game itself!