What is Sushi Ginger ? Sushi Ginger is a Japanese traditionally pickled Ginger called Gari or Shin-shoga no amazu-zuki in Japanese, Gari – Sushi Ginger is thin sliced ginger soaked in rice vinegar and salt Gari is served and eaten after sushi it is used to cleanse the plate between eating different kinds of sushi or after or before the meal, or some like in Australia it is common to be eaten together with the sushi or sashimi many people soak it in soy sauce and place it on sushi, (Try our Best of Thailand “Low Sodium” Soy Sauce or other Asian Sauces here), . Ingredients: Ginger, Purified Water, Salt, Acetic Acid, Citric Acid, Aspartame, Potassium Sorbate (as a preservative), Kosher Parve OKKeep Refrigerator after opening, Keep in cool dry place
- A FRESH, SWEET, FLAVORFUL PALATE REFRESH: Known in Japan as “Gari” or “Shin-shoga no amazu-zuki”, pickled young ginger is served and eaten to reset the palate between different sushi dishes or like an aperitif before or after a meal.
- TRADITIONAL JAPANESE SUSHI MASTERS’ RECIPE: Our signature Gari begins with premium young ginger, sliced thinly, then soaked in rice vinegar, sugar-free sweetener and salt. We add absolutely no coloring, and keep it fat free, no MSG and certified OK Kosher.
- PERFECT BALANCE OF SILKY SOFT WITH GENTLE BITE: When properly marinated, young ginger loses its tough, fibrous chew, giving way to a soft, slaw-like bite. It’s a pleasure to eat on its own or as an accompaniment, and complements rather than overpowers the main dish.
- A DELICIOUS ADDITION TO EASTERN-STYLE DISHES: Add some spice to sushi, stir fry, and other Asian-style cuisines. Used as a garnish, palate refresh, or your main spice, this tangy treat is the perfect addition to any recipe.
- LOW CALORIE YET MAXIMUM FLAVOR & POTENCY: Get two 12-ounce jars of our finest fresh-pickled sushi ginger without the high calorie content. Best of Thailand’s sugar free recipe packs all the flavor while containing 85% fewer calories than sugar-sweetened ginger.