The world has been hit with Mega earthquakes. The worst destruction devastated the San Francisco Bay Area and Venice, Italy. It is a time of rebuilding to restore these areas to their former glory. Designed by renown game designer, Alan R. Moon ("ticket to ride") and Co-designer Bobby West, aftershock: San Francisco & Venice is an area control game. Players will spend money to acquire cards, which are used to increase population, build bridges, and determine where aftershocks occur. Negotiate with other players to score areas on the placement board. Spend money wisely to acquire the needed cards that move people back into the demolished areas. Make deals to score points in aftershock: San Francisco & Venice!
- Designed by Alan R. Moon, renown designer of "ticket to ride"
- A "gateway +" Type of game, which will sell to those who play ticket to ride as a "step up" Into a deeper Part of hobby gamer.
- The game features a unique "closed Economy", so that money spent goes to other players, keeping all players in the round (no downtime).
- Area control and hand management mechanics, making this game very approachable to new gamers.
- Oversized board with Geographic stylized artwork of San Francisco and Venice.